Tuesday 27 May 2014

Example & *FIRST REVIEW* - black pearl mask

hello everyone~! so incase you are wondering what sorts of things I will be reviewing (in case I didn't make it clear enough in the my intro) these are just a few things I will be reviewing; (please know I have never used any of these products before ♥)
(a little collection of a recent asian skincare haul )

just for reference the ones with the variety of fruits and stuff on the front of the packaging, the masks are from TONYMOLY, also with the black sugar mask in the middle. The black ones are from SASA - my beauty diary masks (which I shall also review later on in this post~!). Finally, the 3 small circular packages and the 2 blue packages are actually freebies I got from ETUDE HOUSE whilst I was in Hong Kong. The blue packages are their Wonderpore clay mask and the pink packages are their BB cream -- which I gave away as I don't use facial makeup~ ♥ anyway, without further ado~ lets get onto the review!


(pretty right? there is only 9 in this picture as I already used one when I took this picture ><)

So, this mask is called the "Black Pearl Mask" which is used to whiten and nourish the face. The official description from the Sasa website is:

description

My Beauty Diary Black Pearl Mask provides intense whitening and nourishment. Containing luxurious Tahitian black pear essence with rich vitamins, minerals and amino acids, it provides nutrients to tired and dull skin. Natural pearl shell extracts contains the smallest molecular structure of protein amino acids. It can instantly infuse into skin, making it soft and luminous.  Deep sea red algae and mallow extracts can hydrates skin, restoring skin’s natural moisture.  Patented moisturizing ingredients CosphingoTM maintains skin’s natural state of healthiness. It hydrates and locks moisture, restores skin’s softness and smoothness.  Does not contains Paraben preservatives, alcohol or fluorescent agents.  (that part is an important factor for my skin as I respond negatively to alcohols)




and my feedback? I would definitely say it does intensely nourish my face. My face after the first use felt so baby smooth, this may be because I used it as soon as I got home from a long 12 hour journey back to the UK from Hong Kong. I used this on a whim due to my urgency to relieve my dry and drained skin from the recycled air on the plane ((AND I HAD TO GO TO SCHOOL IN A HOUR)), so I just washed my face quickly and popped on this facemask whilst doing all my other little things such as changing clothes (I looked like someone had attacked me). Furthermore, there was this large discoloration mask from a large spot that had been there a week ago, and I tell you - IT WAS IMPOSSIBLE TO GET RID OF, so I just left it. The mask says;

how to use it

Apply on cleansed and toned face for 20~30 minutes. If there is essence left, use fingers to massage gently for better absorbance. No need to wash away. Continue with lotion or cream to lock the nourishing ingredients into skin. 



So I did exactly as it said, I took it off after 30 minutes (as my skin was very dry) and there was ALOT of essence left so I used my fingers to massage the leftover serum into my skin. However, I felt that there was a slight sticky residue left over and it felt sort of like a tacky film. To solve this all I did was use my Organic Rose water and swiped it quickly all over my face with my cotton pad and left it. I then went to put on my usual facial cream (which I shall review on a later date) and then looked in the mirror... all I could say was WOW. My skin looked clearly BRIGHTER AND MORE RADIANT but NOT IN A GREASY WAY. You know that healthy glow? Yeah, that's what I am talking about. The discoloration mask was at least REDUCED BY 40%. I looked in awe at the instant effect it had given me whilst I was doing up my hair (vanity right there huh? hehe~). On that same day, someone actually told me at school how great my skin looked and how it looked as if I put foundation or BB cream on... And want to hear the great news? My skin broke out a couple days ago just before my plane flight, and so I was skeptical about buying this mask at all... I was so worried it would break me out, I mean I didn't want a breakout ON TOP OF ANOTHER BREAKOUT, that would be sheer hell... But today I actually realised the sore spot that was in the top right corner of my face near my scalp had reduced ALOT and my cheeks seem to have a far more even complexion and looks very plump and rosy~! ✿ Oh how I was celebrating ♥ 



So overall rating? (out of 5)


Packaging:     

the pretty and thick black packaging really made my feel the the mask inside was undamaged and all secure~!
Quality of the mask:  
the mask was too big for me but that is just because I have a tiny face! however the material was extremely soft and very easy to apply and manipulate to whatever facial size and shape you are. the amount of essence/serum the mask held was a large amount and therefore your skin could drink up lots of moisture from it~!

Brightening effect: 
the best brightening mask I have used so far, the effect is very visible on the first use - for me anyway~!

Nourishing effect: 
now do not get me wrong when I rate it 4, my skin felt extremely nourished and all however I would say the only downfall to this is the fact that it has a slight tacky residue left behind, which is not all that great to look at if you want to go out or put your makeup over! But then again this can be easily solved by swiping some cold water or toner over your face after using this mask ヽ(*・ω・)ノ

Overall rating: 
a DEFINITE 5/5 from me, the only thing I could complain about this mask is the residue it left over for me, otherwise the only regret I have about this mask is that I didn't buy more of it </3 I bought this for ONLY 60 HKD which was EXTREMELY CHEAP to what I see here in the UK for £24.. If you want to buy it you can buy it from the official Sasa website or even from amazon or other sites~! 
MAKE SURE TO CHECK THIS MASK OUT! Because even myself with oily/combination skin who have breakouts absolutely adores this mask and I would DEFINITELY repurchase~!

THANK YOU FOR READING AND CHECK BACK AGAIN SOON FOR ANOTHER REVIEW 

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave a comment if you want to (◡ ‿ ◡ ✿)